Wednesday, April 12, 2006

All right, so I did barf at breakfast

The thing I hate about having Emily in daycare, aside from the obvious of not being with her during the day, is that I get sick... a lot. I thought I was free and clear of the stomach flu after her brief flirtation with it last week but on Saturday morning I woke up feeling just "weird." Within an hour I'd spewed everything my body contained and then some. It starts you thinking about the last time you barfed. I'm not a record keeper about it like Jerry Seinfeld but I did have to rack my brain. I decided not to count my labour with Emily because it wasn't a barf due to illness. It was a barf due to total, consuming PAIN, and lots of women barf during labour. My midwife swears that it gives you at least an extra centimetre. Anyway, I realized that my last barf was during my honeymoon (not an attestment to John's skills in the boudoir, by the way). I think I'd somehow been exposed to mussels that day - my only bad alergy. Anyway, that was almost seven years ago. Pretty much an iron stomach, eh? Alas, you have kids, stick them in the germ factory that is daycare and then you start barfing. Not to mention, sneezing, coughing, growing large tumours, etc.

So, I haven't been on the blog since just before that and I badly owe my "junk I received recently" piece. I've taken the pictures and will do that this weekend. Unless I barf.

No comments: