I think a fitting way to end November is to give you all the details on what we'll be doing around here in December: our participation in Andrea's 25 Days of Christmas. Last year was our first year doing the 25 Days of Christmas. I found I was able to strike a balance between special and ordinary in a way that ensured I didn't burn myself out or get tired of Christmas before the big day actually arrived. I've tried to do that this year too although we have a little more of the special thrown in at the start because BETH AND KATE ARE ARRIVING FROM TEXAS IN TWO DAYS!
Ahem. Just a tad excited.
So, Beth and Kate will be 25daysofChristmasing with us during the first week so I decided to do lots of special Waterloo and Christmasy things during that first week, keeping in mind that Emily is in school for a couple of days during their visit. Anway, without further ado, here is what the girls will wake up to find in the morning:
Those are the little cards courtesy of Pam hanging over the fireplace with our daily activity in each one.
And here is what we'll do for our 25 Days of Christmas, in chronological order:
- put up the Christmas lights
- pick up Aunt Beth and Kate at the airport
- go to the library, get the book Stone Soup and make stone soup for supper
- go to the Christkindl Market
- Walk to Uptown Waterloo for snacks and go to The Art Studios to paint a Christmas decoration
- go to the nativity play at Bethany Church [it's outdoors and it's supposed to be 1 degree this day.... we may have to revise if there's going to be major whining]
- get a Christmas tree
- go to Waterloo Park and see the Christmas lights
- go to Leah's birthday party
- Read the Christmas story.
- Make Christmas art from our new art book.
- go for breakfast at Cora's
- Decorate a gingerbread house
- watch a Christmas movie and eat popcorn.
- wrap a Christmas present for Daddy
- bake Christmas cookies and decorate them
- play board games and eat Christmas cookies
- go see Disney Princess on Ice [remember that you can go too! Just read this post and leave a comment and you could win 4 tickets]
- play at Omi's house
- see Omi sing at her Christmas concert
- make snow angels
- walk around our neighbourhood to look at the Christmas lights
- do some Christmas baking
- Christmas Eve! have a special evening at Aunt Sue's house
- Christmas Day! have a wonderful day together