Friday, November 06, 2009

In Toronto

We made it to Toronto after a longer drive than it should have been, but it was a drive to Toronto and we always expect it to take longer than it should. Unfortunately I neglected to pack any activities for the girls for the car (am I new at this?) and Hope was none too please. I delayed the inevitable tantrum with Halloween candy (again, am I new at this?) and then she started screaming and kicking the back of my seat because she had to pee. Normally we'd accommodate this request but it's a little difficult when you're in stopped traffic on the 401.

And then she fell asleep and peace ensued until we arrived at Deb's house.

I took the girls for haircuts and my favourite Beaches kids haircut place - something about Tots... can't remember the name. And then we decided to get take out sushi. Unfortunately all this had been too much for Emily who is still recovering from the flu and she ended up laying on the couch coughing up a lung while we finished dinner. A little Treehouse seemed to help her recover.

We were planning on the Ontario Science Centre for tomorrow but we'll have to see how she's feeling. She and I may stay around the house while John and Hope do something else.

I hate the flu.

No comments: