Wednesday, November 18, 2009

What's Cooking Wednesday

Wow. It's been a long time since I participated in my friend Shan's amazing What's Cooking Wednesday. Normally I can't get myself organized enough to take a photo of what I made or the recipe I used is all the way across on the other side of the room from the computer.

But this is NaBloPoMo, people and that means that I am always on the lookout for a post. (I am ignoring the fact that two days ago I promised a post on Life in Waterloo and now two days later it is nowhere to be seen.)

Yesterday I cooked up a dish I haven't made in ages and I love it. I'm not sure why it fell off my repertoire. It just so happened that I had everything required to make it.

The dish is called Lemony Chicken Pasta. It's a Canadian Living recipe. You can find it here.

Without exaggerating, it met with rave reviews all around. Emily went on and on about it and wants the leftovers in her lunch tomorrow. John said it was one of my best dishes in a while (which makes it sound like he thinks my cooking lately hasn't been great. That's not the case. This one was just super dee-duper).

I only made one change and that is that I used spaghetti because it was what we had. The other change I'll make in the future is to cook the spinach separately and then stir it in. Otherwise you end up with a thin sauce from the water that comes out of the spinach. I ended up adding lots of extra ricotta to deal with that.

I do have photos to share. But given that the camera's battery is charging I'll have to post them later.

No comments: