Sunday, August 27, 2006

Lazy, lazy, lazy

Beth got after me the other day for being so delinquent in my blog posts. She's right. It's been a sad demise in the posts around here. You'd think that since I finished work at the end of July that would leave me ample time to post witty narratives. You'd think. Instead I have done the following: spent a week at the cottage, painted the baby's room and Emily's room, set up the baby's room and Emily's room, cleaned the rest of the house from top to bottom, reorganized the basement, taken almost daily naps (very important), cooked cooked and cooked some more putting those meals in the freezer, had tea with Meredith and others, kept Emily home a few days, went with Emily and the daycare to the local zoo (it turns out there is a zoo in Ottawa. Who knew?). So, I guess that's a lot. However, I have also spent my time watching the last season of Alias with John and now season 2 of Veronica Mars. Oh yah, and stretching various parts of my pelvic region.

So, some news of the last two weeks then. (1) Birth pool has been delivered. It is set up. Picture attached. It is empty of course as I don't really want to grow algae as I wait for #2 to make his/her appearance. You're probably asking why the heck I need a pool in my basement when hospitals have big birthing pools. Think about it. You'll probably come up with the answer. I'll confirm that for you after it is all over. (2) Daycare closing... again. What is up with our luck? Dawn told me last week that due to arthritis in her knees (just recently diagnosed) - she is under 40 by the way - that she has to go back to a regular desk job as the pain is too much. Sucks! Again! So, she is closing the doors at the end of September. This leaves me with potentially 3 or 4 weeks with the new baby before Emily is with me fulltime as well. I know lots of parents do this and I should stop whining but I was expecting to at least have October before I went down to part-time at Dawn's. With no family in town, the idea is a bit overwhelming but I'm getting used to it now. After today, a great day with Emily who was at the top of her game - funny, cute, really well-behaved etc - it doesn't seem like it would be so hard at all. Anyway, you'll be hearing all about it on the blog.

On a related note, I put Emily on the waiting list for a spot at a French preschool starting in February 2007. Dawn's daughter will also be there. I'm going to have her go part-time until I return to work, should I do so in September. Anyway, that's where it is all at. I'm not going to look for another home daycare for her in the meantime. The transition for her is too hard and I'm at home. She can be with me and be happy even if I am more tired that I planned to be.

Okay, there is the update.

No action on the baby front so far although there are some signs of the impending birth: pelvic pressure (read, popped a hemorhoid. Mmm, nice), cramps, baby has dropped. Will try to be better about posts. And of course there is the upcoming: nasty details about the birth that you didn't want to know.

No comments: