Friday, October 20, 2006

One of those days

Today was one of those days you hear stay-at-home mums talk about. You know, when you almost completely lose it on your toddler, when you give her a time-out just so you can cool down, when your hemorrhoids are at their worst, when the baby just won't sleep, when the toddler pees on her step stool, when there is nothing in the fridge for dinner (but you manage to pull off a home-made pizza with minimal toppings and get the toddler to eat it!), when your partner doesn't get home until 6:20, and you end your day downing two glasses of wine regardless of the fact that you are breastfeeding. Yah, it was one of those days.

However, I did manage to pull myself together enough to take a couple of cute pictures during Hope's bath.


3 comments:

little b said...

thanks for the new pictures. I'm sorry you had such a rough day. those are days when it would be good to have family near by. if i were there, i could have just taken emily for the day.

i hope the weekend goes a lot better.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you had a crappy day. I hope you know how much I love reading your blog, and keeping up with your family from afar. I wish I could be there... you can send Emily by FED-Ex if that would help (c; Thanks for the pictures and the laughs and the updates. There's days I feel I'm living vicariously through you and get to enjoy all the good stuff about your family from afar. I love it! Hopefully today is better (c; -Erika

Karen said...

Thanks, Erika. I'm glad you read my blog and enjoy it. I'll consider the fed-ex option next time!