Thursday, November 23, 2006

Early to rise, makes a woman cranky

It's 6:53 am and I've been up for almost two hours now. Hope woke up to feed just after 5:00 and soon after that Emily got out of bed and came in to say hi. John got her back to bed but right after I got Hope back to sleep (around 5:45), Emily came back in our room. Clearly day had started for her if not for me.

So, we're sitting in the basement eating our oatmeal, she's watching Dora and I'm trying to keep my eyelids open. Today will be one of those days where I just try to get to Emily's naptime as quickly as possible, minimizing all whining (by both of us). I'm thinking a visit to see Santa today might be the way to go.

I actually considered getting my camera in the middle of the night last night to take a picture of what had to be the most offensive baby poop I have experienced. Hope didn't poop yesterday. Instead, she saved it all up for one spectacular dump at 12:30 am. I was holding her at the time. I could feel the nasty, poopy warmth spread up her back. It was already soaking through her sleeper as far up as her shoulder blades.

There was actually wet poop in her armpit. That's a new one for me.

Happy American Turkey Day to Beth and Erika!

2 comments:

little b said...

oh, that sounds terrible! both the poop trail and the early early morning. It's a beautiful turkey day here. The americans are on to something by making it a four day weekend.

Have fun visiting Santa.

Anonymous said...

Wet poop in an armpit? Now that's a picture I WOULDN'T be putting in my iphoto collection (c;

Nothing exciting for me today... studying for my exam monday since I'm on call this w/e. But as Bethy says, it's a nice day, so I'm going to go for a walk!

So... which is better... lots of little poops? Or one big one?
-Erika