Saturday, January 06, 2007

And on the seventh day, Hope created poop

Yes, it's true. I went to do the last change of the day yesterday, and, ureka!, there was the poop. Finally!

And, thankfully, not in the volume I was expecting. Since then, there have been several more so it seems she has broken the great barrier and is back to her old self rather than being miserly with the poop.

Now I am sort of nostalgic for those several days when I didn't have to deal with poopy diapers.

So, onto the crappy news. Our window in Hope's (soon-to-be) room is (still) leaking. I thought it was a problem with the window that could be fixed with some caulking. It seemed to only be happening when the rain was blown towards the window. But, today it is raining and there is no wind so no rain is being blown under the eaves at the window and yet it is leaking profusely. So, I figure it must be the roof. Crap.

I'll be getting another roofing quote this week, I hope, and look forward so much to spending a few thousand dollars that we don't have sitting around. In the meantime, it being Ottawa in (sort of) winter, I guess we'll have a leaking window, wet wall and damp carpet until May or so.

1 comment:

Misty said...

Karen,

I came upon your site accidentally. I enjoyed reading your postings. I remember those days, and it made me smile;-)

Misty
fetkomjl@insight.rr.com