Tuesday, January 02, 2007

DeChristmasification

Maybe it isn't a real word, but I use it every year at this time. I think I enjoy deChristmasification as much as I enjoy decorating for Christmas. By the first week of January, the decorations have been up for almost a month, the tree for about 2 and a half weeks and I'm ready to see them all go.

So, today I took everything down and un-decorated the Christmas tree. Everything is away, a scraggly tree is standing in the living room waiting for John to pitch it on the front lawn, and the house is in total shambles as Emily ran rampant around the main floor and basement while I was focussed (maybe too focussed) on my project of un-yuling the house.

I'm well into the movie I'm making on the Mac. It is too much fun. Too much fun to the point where I go to bed at midnight and after four days of this I'm seriously feeling the pain. Especially since Hope had a brutal night last night - up every 45 minutes if I left her in her crib but slept well beside me. Of course, if she's beside me, I don't sleep well.

Emily often slept in the bed with us and I got used to it. I tried it again the first three nights after Hope was born but it just wasn't her thing. She was too boob-obsessed and was constantly rooting around for something (me) to suck on. So, she has always slept beside us on the floor on a little mattress and now has graduated to the playpen with a bassinet insert (okay, too much detail - I'm totally falling into the trap of mommy-blogging. Sorry. Will stop. Now). Anyway, all of a sudden, as of last night, she's happier beside me. Don't know why. Hope it stops. I like my space now. My only theory is that she hasn't pooped in five days. Five. F-I-V-E. She seems pretty happy considering but last night, every time she woke up, she kicked and grunted like she was trying to will the poop right out of the shoot. Of course I'm concerned for her comfort, but really, I'm more concerned for me when that eagle finally lands. I really hope I'm out of target range and she has several layers of clothes on.

Okay, for Mac users out there, I'm frustrated and need your advice: in iPhoto I can't, for the life of me, figure out how to resize photos to be, say, 600X800. How the heck do I do that? I've looked all through the help and the tutorials and I'm frustrated! Please help me before I hurt my new love by throwing something at it.

2 comments:

little b said...

oooh, the poop thing is way scary. Is John still home for break? Maybe you can have him do all the diaper changes, because you KNOW it's going to be nasty.

I sent you an email about iphoto.

I took dechristmasified yesterday as well. I always love the decorations, and then I love putting them away.

Michelle | Bleeding Espresso said...

I hope you've figured out the picture thing. Aren't new toys fun?

And, um, yeah, best of luck on dodging the poop. You're perhaps inadvertently reminding me to take my Pill ;)