Friday, January 26, 2007

You know you've missed it

I alarmingly realized today that it has been DAYS since I have enlightened you all with a good poop story. Well, wait no longer because here it is.

I was feeding Hope in my usual spot today (laying on our bed) when Emily proudly announced to me that she had just pooped on the floor. I shouted to her that she "better not have pooped on the floor or I would be very angry." She sheepishly came into the room and said "Emmy pooped floor already." Ugh!

After I finished feeding Hope, I found the large poop ball (it really was) sitting in the doorway to Hope's room, cleaned it up as best as I could and ran back to a still hungry, and now screaming, Hope. Feeding continued. Emily announced that she had poop on her legs. Then she announced she wanted to climb on the bed (by the way, she can do this unassisted). Screaming ensued by me trying to convince her to please, please, please not climb on my bed with poopy legs. Thankfully she refrained. The poop story concludes with me scrubbing poop off her legs and bum and then spraying the carpet with cancer-causing, nasty chemicals to forever rid the carpet of poop particles.

Then, tonight, Emily threw up twice. She's sick, but we don't know what is causing it. This worries me. I hate not knowing what is making my kid sick. It makes a person start to dwell on awful things like meningitis etc. I'm sure it isn't meningitis, but I still dwell on it as irrational as it is.

Here's hoping for a poop-in-the-toilet and barf-free day tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen,
If it makes you feel better, my friend from Brazil, who has a son the same age as Emily told me the other day that her son Joao Vitor was on the floor, when she asked him: Joao, what are you doing? And he proudly said: I am pooing on the floor...so there you go...CHILDREN OF THE WORLD!
Cibele