Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Omi's my bitch

When Omi is here, Emily is pretty much in charge of the itinerary and bosses poor Omi around to her heart's content. I'm exaggerating slightly, but only slightly. Rose is in fact the adult, but Emily follows her everywhere (I don't think Rose has peed in privacy since she arrived) and expects Omi to be at her beck and call.

Emily has been getting up at 5:30 recently. We've told her that she can't watch any t.v. when she gets up (her usual routine) because Omi is sleeping in the basement (we're so hospitable - we give Omi a cardboard box and tell her to watch out for the rats and spiders). She showed about 5 seconds of patience this morning when Omi wasn't in the dining room to greet her at 5:30. I did manage to stop her from storming the basement but she was doing everything she could think of to will Omi up the stairs:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's wonderful! I and LOVE the photo (c; Someday I'll send you a picture of one of my cats sitting IN my pyjama bottoms while I'm peeing in the morning (c;
Happy vacation with Omi around!
-Erika

Shan said...

Too cute. It reminds me of Abby when my brother and his wife are here. There she is hanging around outside their door trying to will them to wake up and play with her.

Enjoy your visit.

little b said...

That picture is fantastic. It takes a lot to make me laugh first thing in the morning, but this did it.