Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Colds

Emily had a cold when she woke up on Sunday morning. She's been braving it quite well considering her nose is constantly running down her face. Then the predictable but unfortunate happened yesterday: Hope caught the cold.

It stinks when babies have colds. You can't give them anything, they don't know how to blow their noses so you have to stick the hoover thingy up there to hose it out, they can't sleep and therefore neither can I. Last night I honestly lost count of how many times I was up. I remember that between 2 and 3:30 or so I was up every 15 minutes. After that it was every 45 minutes to an hour. And getting her back to sleep without breastfeeding her? Hah! That'll be the day. When she's feeling bad, it's all she wants.

Well, enough with the complaining... it's not like this hasn't happened to every parent. Still, it makes me feel better (slightly) to whine about it for a while.

No comments: