Wednesday, June 27, 2007

What's cooking Wednesday

Tonight's dinner was delicious, thanks to John, but it was also a use-up-what's-in-the-fridge-because-we're-going-away-tomorrow-meal. So, there isn't much to share. However, with dinner, we served some leftover guacamole. I must say, I make kick-ass guacamole. So, in the absence of anything else for What's Cooking Wednesday, I'm going to share my recipe, if you can call it that, with you. No pictures though. You'll just have to use your imagination.

1 ripe avacado (this means that the skin is black and your finger leaves a small indentation when you press the skin)
1-2 tbsp chopped, fresh cilantro
juice of half a lime
salt and pepper
some chopped tomato (put in however much you like)
a dollop of sour cream

Remove the seed from the avacado and squish the avacado out of its skin. Put it in a bowl. Add the tomatoes and mash it with a fork to get it to the consistency you like. Sometimes I like the avacado to stay chunky and sometimes I want it to be creamier. Add all the other ingredients and mix it all up. Serve with, well, anything because you could spread this on an old tire and it would taste good.

No comments: