This is a desktop meme. The bones of it is that Shannon wants to see my desktop and then I'll want to see yours. Now, as usual, I'm supposed to tag five people but at risk of feeling like the kid who can't find anyone to play hide and seek, I'm just sending out an open invitation for you to play along. Here are the rules:
Upon receiving this tag, immediately perform a screen capture of your desktop. It is best that no icons be deleted before the screen capture so as to add to the element of fun. Here’s how you can do a screen capture if you're on a PC (insert a big, wet raspberry here):
- Go to your desktop and press the Print Scrn key (located on the right side of the F12 key).
- Open a graphics program (like Picture Manager, Paint, or Photoshop) and doing a Paste (CTRL + V). If you wish, you can “edit” the image before saving it.
- Press funny symbol on the apple key-shift-3. Your beautiful Mac will automatically save the photo to your desktop. That's it!
- Post the picture on your blog. You can also give a short explanation on the look of your desktop if you want. You can explain why you prefer such a look or why it is full of icons. Things like that.
- Tag five of your friends and ask them to give you a free view of their desktops as well.
- Add your name to this list of Free Viewers with a link pointing directly to your Desktop Free View post to promote it to succeeding participants.
Not exactly original, is it? (Check out Shannon's... I think I see me a theme!) I do change it occassionally but it is always the same two faces, maybe in a different location, season and clothes. Always the same smiles. I imagine it will be this way for a long time, if not the rest of my life. I move the icons arround; often I'm putting them in the trash after I've stuck photos on the desktop to upload onto the blog (my one complaint about my Mac is that iPhoto is not at all useful as a file manager). Not much else to say... what say you? Want to play?