Wednesday, October 10, 2007

She tagged me

My bloggy BFF, Shannon, tagged me for a meme that I hadn't heard of before, which convinced me right there that I'd do it (oh, and also, she asked me). I mean, when do you ever really hear of a new meme anymore? Or maybe, and this is more likely, I'm just completely out of the loop.

This is a desktop meme. The bones of it is that Shannon wants to see my desktop and then I'll want to see yours. Now, as usual, I'm supposed to tag five people but at risk of feeling like the kid who can't find anyone to play hide and seek, I'm just sending out an open invitation for you
to play along. Here are the rules:

Upon receiving this tag, immediately perform a screen capture of your desktop. It is best that no icons be deleted before the screen capture so as to add to the element of fun. Here’s how you can do a screen capture if you're on a PC (insert a big, wet raspberry here):

  1. Go to your desktop and press the Print Scrn key (located on the right side of the F12 key).
  2. Open a graphics program (like Picture Manager, Paint, or Photoshop) and doing a Paste (CTRL + V). If you wish, you can “edit” the image before saving it.
Here are the instructions for all of you blessed Mac users (who have clearly heard the higher calling, seen the light of day, got your wits about you, well, you get the drift):
  1. Press funny symbol on the apple key-shift-3. Your beautiful Mac will automatically save the photo to your desktop. That's it!
And now for both PC and Mac users:
  1. Post the picture on your blog. You can also give a short explanation on the look of your desktop if you want. You can explain why you prefer such a look or why it is full of icons. Things like that.
  2. Tag five of your friends and ask them to give you a free view of their desktops as well.
  3. Add your name to this list of Free Viewers with a link pointing directly to your Desktop Free View post to promote it to succeeding participants.
People who have already pimped their desktop: Francine of La Place de Cherie Chez FrancineBloggishi Unchained Melody LadyJava’s Lounge Mariuca Revellian Dot Com|Desktop Emila’s Illustrated Blog Spiff, The Spaceman Rolando Brown Baron The Kat House Tales From the Fairy BlogMother Virtually There


Not exactly original, is it? (Check out Shannon's... I think I see me a theme!) I do change it occassionally but it is always the same two faces, maybe in a different location, season and clothes. Always the same smiles. I imagine it will be this way for a long time, if not the rest of my life. I move the icons arround; often I'm putting them in the trash after I've stuck photos on the desktop to upload onto the blog (my one complaint about my Mac is that iPhoto is not at all useful as a file manager). Not much else to say... what say you? Want to play?

2 comments:

Shan said...

Oh I love that picture. So adorable. Emily looks so much like you. Love the curls.

Julie said...

K, what does meme stand for? I am feeling a little in the dark, even though I have done a couple. I will try and do this one on the weekend.