Thursday, October 18, 2007

She's truckin' now

I can't truly say there was anything good to come out of Hope burning her hand. There wasn't. Not one thing. But, some might say it spurred her onto alternative means of getting around. Crawling on two hands just wasn't comfortable so she switched to the bum scoot. I really enjoyed watching her bum scoot. I watched her each time with a wistful look on my face; bum scooting was how Emily got around for almost seven full months. She never took to crawling on all fours. I enjoyed reliving that.

It didn't last long for Hope though. I think it is too slow for her fast-paced personality. Instead, she took to walking. She's been taking three or four steps at a time for the past week but since her burn, she has, ahem, jumped ahead by leaps and bounds. I'm surely not saying this is a good thing. It means that I'll be a busier, more frantic woman with even more safety fears but really there is nothing better than watching a toddler.... well, toddle:


6 comments:

little b said...

I watched that about six times in a row. It's so great. Go Hope!

Anonymous said...

OMG that was wonderful! Way to go Hopey!!!
-pam

Shan said...

Great job Hope!

Anonymous said...

I watched it 4 times in a row! Very cute.

And you will be more traumatized by the burn than Hope ever will, she won't even remember it.

Julie said...

I was wondering what happened to the mexican beaver! glad to see Hope is enjoying chewing it as much as Max does! ;-)

Karen said...

Emily found it just after you left and Hope kind of adopted it to take care of it until I see you on Saturday. I'll make sure I wash it first!

Where the heck did you find the Mexican beaver anyway?