Monday, November 26, 2007

Smells like Mum

I just finished a day - with play breaks, pick up from preschool breaks, lunch breaks, nap breaks, tea break - of cooking. The kitchen smells amazing right now; like crock-pot cider pork (a new recipe) and rising oatmeal bread; and it has a warmth generated by all the kneading and stirring and chopping. And, I've got a hankering to make a real dessert - not just rice pudding out of a tub.

It smells and feels like my mum's kitchen and that is enough to perk me up on any day.

1 comment:

little b said...

Yum. that sounds great. I haven't had a day of cooking in ages and ages. I've been super lazy about cooking since Kate was born. But the meals in the freezer are starting to get a bit thin, so I'll have to start again soon.

And it's almost time for doing the holiday baking. That's when the house smells really really good.