Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Omi Omio

The Omi is visiting. She got here on Monday and Emily has been completely and fully entertained and ecstatic ever since. There is one difference for Emily in this visit though: the Hope factor has changed. Hope now wants to play with Omi too and Emily is having a hard time with that. She wants Omi all to herself. I haven't found any solution yet or a way to talk her through it. I think this one will just take time.

I've over-extended myself this week while Omi is here though and I don't like it. My involvement with the Refugee Support Group at church is leaving me with less time than I'd like during Omi's visit. I'm not sure how to change that since I've already committed myself to things. Ugh. I hate it when that happens. And I also hate bailing out of things I've already said I'd do. I do this to myself too often and then promise myself I won't do it again. And yet, here we are.

Anyone know anything about cloning?

2 comments:

little b said...

I have managed not to inherit the tendency to overextend myself. maybe it's just that I'm lazy. I hope you manage to get it all done and maintain your sanity.

perhaps some knitting would help.

Shan said...

I'm not sure I have any advice for you Karen, but if you figure out that cloning thing, let me know.