Monday, May 12, 2008

Happy Birthday, self

I had a great birthday on Saturday. We went to the Farm, one of our family's favourite spots in Ottawa, I got a bunch of time to myself to do some errands ahead of going to Texas today, I did not have to feed the kids lunch or put them to bed for their naps, and then John and Emily made me a great birthday dessert of homemade strawberry shortcake. I took a picture of it but my camera is now deep inside my suitcase.

For Mother's Day yesterday we went to John's brother and sister-in-law's house for an amazing Brazilian churrasco. Cibele's dad who is visiting from Brazil with her mum, grilled all the meat and her mum made all the accoutrements. It was amazing. I was so full I didn't eat supper.

I am now in the last stages of packing for our flights this afternoon. I plan to blog everyday and post photos so keep checking in for a daily vacation log.

Until Texas....

No comments: