Thursday, December 04, 2008

Our few days of Christmas so far

I decided to go ahead and participate in Andrea's 25 days of Christmas. I came up with a bunch of fairly low-key activities, typed them up and put the slips of paper into each box of our Playmobil Advent Calendar. Since we were away on the 1st and 2nd, the activities started yesterday.

Yesterday was mistake number 1. It actually felt a bit Griswaldian, truth be told. I made the mistake of thinking that a 2 and 4 year old would enjoy watching me decorate the house for Christmas. Uh, no. They did not.

I saved it though by having some cookie decorating at the end of the day.


Today our activity is to hang up the Christmas lights. Given that I feel like crap, I'm not sure it will actually happen.

However, to make things more festive and buoy up the decorating fiasco, I received my wreath last night that was part of a fundraiser for a girl's hockey team and I love it on the door. So big and full and piney. Very nice.

1 comment:

Shan said...

those are some great looking cookies!