Tuesday, September 15, 2009

The weekly menu

Well, last week didn't go as well as the first. I did very well the first week. I stuck to my menu and came in just over the budget of $120.

Last week wasn't as successful. Hope's birthday picnic was last Monday so that was unusual spending and it made everything else feel a bit off the rest of the week. I also wasn't terribly inspired by the menu I set.

This week will be different. I'm already excited about what I'll be cooking this week:

Tonight: Mrs Logue's chicken, roast potatoes and green beans bought this morning at the farmstand

Wednesday: Hawaiian meatballs, rice and salad

Thursday: sausage and lentils with roasted beets

Friday: linguine with lemon, garlic and anchovy sauce, sliced tomatoes from farmstand

Saturday: chili, homemade bread and salad

Sunday: butternut squash soup, tomato salad, homemade bread and cheese

Sounds good, doesn't it? I'll add links to recipes if I've posted them here before when I get my computer back from the girls.


-- Post From My iPhone

2 comments:

Shan said...

I'm in a meal plan rut myself. I cannot get excited about cooking these. I'm not sure what it is, but I don't like it. We set out weekly budget for $120 and I try to maximize that by ad-matching whatever I can.

Julie said...

I did my meal plan with the weekly fliers this week. Something I have never done. I spent under 100$. Though it does include a meal that is frozen left overs, but not bad for my first forray into flier meal planning.

I think it's a great idea that you link back to recipes you've posted before. it could give those of us in ruts some inspiration!