Wednesday, December 30, 2009

My bloggy year in review

Walking on a frozen lake, sitting in a hot tub with snowflakes falling in my hair, tobogganing with both girls, a new birdhouse, a baby in utero who has started to really move (!). These are the things I really would like to be posting about but to put up a quality post would mean that my sinuses would have to drain and that hasn't happened in about 3 days. It will all have to wait until I win the battle against this cold. Although I do think posting this photo gives a good taste of our last few days at my dad's:


In the meantime, I'm going to do my annual year in review by posting the first sentence of the first post of each month from the last year.

January: Being the social animals we are, living the high life here in Canada's capital, frequenting all the hippest, coolest parties, rubbing shoulders with Canada's political elite, you KNOW that we had to turn down all kinds of invitations for last night in order to stay home, put the kids to bed and watch a movie.

February: Last night I did something wonderful.

March: When you're a relatively healthy person, you tend to take that for granted.

April: My computer gave up the ghost yesterday.

May: The girls and I spent some time last week, yesterday and today, in partner with another family, putting in a children's garden at our church.

June: I got a call yesterday afternoon from Joan, the property manager of the house we so desperately wanted.

July: It's been an exhausting couple of days but the house is actually starting to come together.

August: Like so many Ottawans, we have a leaking basement.

September: This summer I've been thinking and reading about ways to be more frugal; ways that I can trim our budget (or, hell, even set a budget!) and pay down more debt and increase our savings.

October:
To all men who read here: warning, there is going to be period talk and if you don't want to read it, you may want to go elsewhere for a while.

November: I shouldn't in fact suggest Emily is feeling lazy.

December: So, yes, I did say I would post through our 25 Days of Christmas and here we are on Day 2 already and I haven't posted about it.

1 comment:

Shan said...

Aww feel better buddy. And happy New Year!!