Monday, February 08, 2010

Upchuck

Hope woke up crying loudly last night around 10:30, just after I'd turned off my light. I wen upstairs to find her gripping her tummy. I had a sense of what was coming and luckily had the wherewithal to lift her out of her bed before her stomach contents flew all over her bed. They hit the floor instead.

The poor girl had continuing and painful stomach cramps which led to more time over a bucket and a sleepover with me in our bed while John camped out upstairs. The heaving continued until 2:00 a.m. when she finally went to sleep for good ( due to the help of a Gravol suppository). Poor John also had his own stomach issues in the night but by then I was getting some much needed sleep.

I sure hope Emily and I don't fall to this today.


-- Post From My iPhone



3 comments:

little b said...

I hope everyone is ok this morning. We've been dealing with snot and coughing, but fortunately no barf for about a month. I can't wait until the end of virus season.

Julie said...

i hope all is good and the ick didn't rampage through the house!

Mary@Holy Mackerel said...

Stomach bugs and kids, not a good mix at all. Thank god you were awake enough for her to miss the bed, because that would be a much worse clean-up!

Hope all are better soon!