Thursday, April 27, 2006

First morning at the new daycare

So far it's going great... Emily and I spent this morning at Dawn's. The kids played outside, did puzzles inside, had a snack and sang songs and it all went much better than I expected. There was the usual territorial stuff going on but not as much as I anticipated. Dawn was really happy with how it went too so tomorrow I'm going to take Emily there, stay for a bit and then let her have some time there on her own while I do some errands (such as pick up the double stroller that I bought used from Louise, and go buy Louise's going away gift).

One of Emily's favourite places in the house is sitting on a footstool in the kitchen - using it like a little table. She often eats her snacks sitting there in fact. I'll be kind of sad when she outgrows it.


And lastly, one of the reasons that I love life with John is because he keeps on being the same guy in one way: his strange sense of humour that makes me laugh so much. Here is what I found, written in hair, on the shower wall yesterday morning:



Poor quality photo... but those would be his initials. Gross, maybe, but damn funny.

No comments: