Thursday, May 25, 2006

Missing her daddy

Yesterday was fine, although Emily did ask about John a few times. Today was weird though - she had that sporadic, unexplainable crying on and off until supper (hmm, hunger maybe? No, I think it was missing John).

Things are going fine so far - Emily even has let me put her to bed and leave the room while she is still awake - albeit not as quickly as John, but still - progress!

I really miss John though - down to my soul. Not just for the partnering on Emily stuff, but on just sitting and talking in the evenings or before bed. I really miss that. At least there is email. Having him gone is really making me appreciate him more - for his love and friendship, as well as for the Emily stuff.

Enough sap. Got Emily some new shoes. She loves the Globo store where I go. In the kids' section, there are raised platforms with colourful seating pads that she loves to climb on. And of course, stupidly, all the shoe boxes are at her level and she tears around pulling shoes out. Who came up with that bright idea? Got her first pair of sandals though. I put aside the pink and got orange and grey. Very sporty and cute. And on sale for $13 so all is good.

Time for yoga before bed.

2 comments:

little b said...

no picture of the shoes??

Karen said...

I'll take a picture tonight just for you!