Friday, June 09, 2006

A little sad

Emily seems to be reacting to having a new girl at her daycare. Previous to Monday, it was just Emily and the other Emily (known as Mimi). On Monday, Sophie started and I've seen some reactions in Emily, who likes Sophie, but I don't think she likes sharing Dawn, the caregiver with new competition. She is happier than usual to see me at the end of the day, she needs more kisses and hugs before I leave her, she is grumpy after she gets home and before she gets to bed, and last night, she had a nightmare. She went back to sleep in my lap right away but stirred and said "home." It really made my heart hurt. I want you to be home with me too, Emily! Soon, very soon.

Aside from that, things are good: I bought a used easel so she can amuse herself better while we're getting supper ready. It is marginally improving supper preparation. Of course, her favourite bit is drawing with me, not near me, and also putting marker all over her hands and then washing it off, which of course takes help from John or I. Sigh.

Two other words I forgot to add to my list of the other day that I love to hear her say: noonies (noodles) and dobbies (strawberries). Heh.

It's going to rain all weekend in Ottawa so we'll have to come up with some good adventures (aside from the ALS Walk in the rain - don't forget you can support me here).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now I'm "A Little Sad" too -- oh where, oh where have you gone? I miss your blog )c;

-Erika