Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Update on the 'roids

This is for Beth to pass on to Marlene. I finally saw an acupuncturist today. His name is Dr. Guo. He is, clearly, Chinese and practised in China for 30 years. His clinic was full which is probably a good sign. His clinic is in this slightly cracktown area in the side of his house. Suspicious at first, but then when I went in, it all seemed fine and on the up and up. Anyway, he stuck me full of pins, first on my back and one actually in my butt - well just at the top of the crack, but still - and then I had to flip over and he stuck two in my stomach area, and a bunch in my legs and feet.

Okay, so true, the pins don't hurt at all. But there is definitely radiating discomfort due to the pressure points. This to me means that it is doing something. The top-of-my-butt one sent shooting pain into my left cheek. Weird. And the ones in my feet made my arches hurt and ache. So cool. He also told me to put cold water on the roid twice a day. Granted I haven't done that yet. I'll start either before bed or tomorrow morning.

He told me to come every day for a bit. Yah, right. Not practical when a person is looking after two kids and the hours are very limited. Can you imagine a two year old and a 6 week old hanging out for an hour in a clinic full of pins while their mother is being stuck and prodded? So, instead I'll be going Saturday and then Monday and see what I can swing after that. It just means that my pain will be extended a little longer.

Oh, by the way, he has a money-back guarantee! He said that he guarantees that he'll fix the roids or my money back. I can't lose!

1 comment:

little b said...

yay! I'm so glad you went. it is really odd, isn't it? how the pins make other places tingle. I hope it works quickly and that relief is on it's way! I'll let marlene know about your experience.