Sunday, November 19, 2006

Santa, no Santa, it doesn't seem to matter

Yesterday I took Emily to the Santa Claus parade. We got there for 11:30 thinking that would ensure that we saw the floats that started down the parade route at 11:00. Turns out that the parade got underway about 30 minutes late so we saw nothing until about 12:30. Emily didn't care. She amused herself for the first full hour watching a big machine/crane at a construction site.

It was darn cold. Emily sat on my shoulders most of the time eating a lollipop passed out by some group of paraders. By 1:00 we still hadn't spotted Santa, but look! there's a big bus with a humongous Santa hat on it. I told Emily that was Santa, she was thrilled, and we left. Dontcha love toddlers? Forgot to take my camera of course so you'll just have to use your mind's eye.

Last night the Henkelmans came to our house for dinner. We were all supposed to go out for dinner at a swanky bistro but Meredith's son had a nasty stomach flu and she was supposed to babysit for us. So, a quick change of plans, and the Henkelman's came to our house, they ordered take away Thai, brought dessert and wine, and it was all very good.

Lastly, it seems that I have a touch of postpartum depression. That seems like saying "I have a touch of the cancer." Anyway, it means that I may not be posting as often as I have been depending on my energy level and desire or ability to do anything more than play with Emily and change Hope's diaper. But, I'll try to post updates as I see myself through this next exciting phase of parenthood. John's being very understanding... especially after I throw a soap dispernser atgainst the bathroom wall. Don't worry though... that's all I've thrown so far.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can I just tell you (in case I don't do it enough) that I love reading your blog, and that often it's what pulls me out of feeling blue. You're really making a difference, whether you know it or not (c;
-Erika

Karen said...

Erika, that's really nice. I'm glad that it's making you happy. I often think of you out there reading it!