Friday, December 22, 2006

Blearly eyed but boring

Hope has become a bad sleeper the last two nights. In fact last night went like this: to bed at 8:00, up at 12:00, 2:00, 3:00 and 5:00. Up again at 7:00. Up for good at 8:00. Am I tired? Oh God, yes. Am I grumpy about it? Surprisingly not. But, if I relive it tonight, you won't want to be anywhere near me tomorrow.

I have no idea what the issue is: could be (1) coming down with a cold - who knows? (2) developmental stage of learning to grab and move more is affecting her sleep (3) too hot (4) too cold (5) doesn't like her bed - her bed is a small mattress on the floor beside our bed. Can't imagine why she doesn't like it (6) just trying to get back at me for letting Emily get too close to her on a daily basis.

Of course, when awake she is generally her happy self - only just a bit fussier, which is definitely not as fussy as lots of babies.

I should be mopping, baking, cleaning (all of the above actually) but instead I'm writing this inane post where I complain about the things that thousands of mommy-bloggers are complaining about. Worthwhile, eh?

I bought Emily a very tacky dress today (used) for Christmas. She said she wanted a purple dress and lo and behold, there was a purple dress. Unfortunately it is fake velvet with a satiny bow across the middle. She'll look like a walking eggplant at church on Sunday. But she'll be damn happy.

Time for tea and square before I tackle a job that I have to get done before the big guy squeezes his way down our chimney.

1 comment:

Michelle | Bleeding Espresso said...

I hope there will be evidence, er, photographic memories, of the Walking Eggplant :)