Monday, January 08, 2007

Needle day

Today was Hope's 4-month appointment (yes, she turned 4 months old yesterday. Wow, time flies). She weighs 15 lbs 2 oz (in the 90th percentile for weight, the little whopper) and measures 67 cm which is off the chart for length. She is the length of a typical 6 to 7 month old, according to my GP. And she's all torso, like her dad.

With the 4-month appointment comes two injections. I can't even remember what they are. One goes in each thigh. The first one you never get tears, but you sure do after the second. It's as though the baby says: listen, I tolerated the first one, but how could you do that to me again? Totally out of line.

Emily and I also got our flu shots. On the advice of Jen, I ensured that Emily did not witness Hope getting her shots before we got ours. So, I gracefully got my shot and then Emily got hers. She was kind of excited about it but then as soon as the needle went in her arm, excitement was abandoned and replaced by heaving sobs. To her credit though, she gathered herself together quickly and happily accepted the yellow Band-aid and the promise of Smarties for her bravery.

Now, Emily's poop saga continues as she has caught John's intestinal nastiness of today (some kind of intestinal flu). We'll see if she can make it through the night. I sure hope so. That would be a rude awakening. Literally.

No comments: