Wednesday, January 17, 2007

A new day

Emily has reverted back to an (almost) perfect child today after her schemes and rants yesterday. We had a busy day today - I finally got the car cleaned out (the place was actually open even though the temperature was minus 15 or so. What were they thinking? I mean, they could have lost a finger or toe!). I think the two car cleaner dudes were a little disturbed by the state of the car. I didn't get it shampooed in the end (they pointed out that without a heated garage, the seats would freeze), but one of the vacuum guys asked if they gave me a quote for the shampoo. Made me think that he was not-so-subtly proposing that I look into that.

After the cleaning (smell is now gone!), we went to the chiropractor for an adjustment for me and where I quickly fed a very hungry Hope. Then to Jen's house for Emily to eat her lunch and Hope to have a quick nap. Then after that to a haircut for Emily and I. I've decided to finally shun straightening my hair and embrace my waves (read: frizziness) once again. I've been straightening it for about 3 years now. So, this haircut will lead me to curlier/wavier hair once all the straightening product washes out. And Emily desperately needed some bangs as her hair was covering her eyes if she didn't have barrettes in there. Here is the photo evidence:


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

swanky, all around!
jen

Anonymous said...

Here is definitive evidence that Emily's good looks (and her high IQ, her big heart, and, yes, her frightening energy) are 100% derived from her mother...and that mailman who "accidentally" left his t-shirt in the laundry.

little b said...

I like the bangs, they are very cute. You look like some weird monster with the blue glow, although your hair looks great. Can I start calling you mushroom head again once the straightening stuff is gone?