Friday, January 05, 2007

Sleep is wonderful

After about a week or two (or was it even more? I've lost track now), Hope is, for the moment, back to going to sleep easily on her own and staying down for a few hours at a time. For some reason, she stopped doing this and was very difficult to get to sleep and was waking up in the night every hour to two hours. Was not pleasant.

The difficulty with babies is that you never can really know why they all of a sudden change their good habits to bad habits. I did nothing different in her routine. However, these critters are changing, learning, developing all the time and the one thing that always seems to be affected by these changes is their sleep. Anyway, I enjoyed a decent sleep last night and an easy put-to-bed the last two days. But, I'm not naive enough to believe that it will last long. I just will appreciate it while it does. This time, the cure was giving her back the breastfeeding pillow that she has some kind of addiction too. A few days ago, she was sleeping terribly with it, I took it away, sleep improved, a few days of that and sleep got bad again, gave it back, sleep is good again.

Of course, I write this after having to run up to give her the soother back twice already during this nap. I blame that more on the lack of poop though. Yes, still no poop. In fact, I'm not going to mention it again until it happens. You can just assume there is no poop until you get the poop from me.

Now a chance to enjoy some time to myself.

No comments: