Thursday, January 04, 2007

The thermometer

When Jen's daughter, Gwen, was backed up, the doctor told Jen to insert a rectal thermometer in the ole sphincter and see what happens. It is supposed to open the floodgates as it were, or, if nothing happens, then you know that there just isn't anything there to let loose. So, I went for it today.

I have never used a rectal thermometer before. With Emily, I always used the armpit method being totally freaked out by sticking something up her bum. Also, she would have hollared and cried and carried on. But Hope, in typical Hope fashion, actually seemed to like it! She cooed and giggled and smiled at me all the while there was a thermometer sticking out of her bum. Odd kid that one.

Anyway, I was all prepared for the Niagara Falls of poop. I strategically laid down a couple of cloth diapers to catch the spray. But.... nothing. Nothing at all. Not even a dribble.

Well, maybe she just has such an efficient digestive system that she creates no waste. Or maybe I have such great breastmilk that it is completely what she needs with zero waste. I am a walking nutrition bar.

No comments: