Friday, February 09, 2007

Another one of those days

It's been a while but I've had another one of those days. Those days where you wonder why you stopped taking the pill. I don't have them too often lately but it seems that when I do have one, it is a rip-roaring good one (by "good" I mean a horrible, awful, set-myself-on-fire-to-stop-the-pain kind of day).

Emily has a cold. She also woke up at 5:45 this morning. Couple these things and it is a recipe for a full-day meltdown. That I could deal with not too badly. But as a recipe for a perfect storm, add to that Hope being uber-fussy all day. She only napped about 30 minutes at a time, and not nearly often enough. She normally takes a 2-3 hour nap in the afternoon. Also, when awake, she cried a lot. I'm not sure if it was lack of sleep or teething (she was covered in drool all day) or a combination of the two.

Finally, Hope is now asleep on our bed and has been for about 2 hours. She's still in her clothes, cloth diaper and who knows how long she'll be there. She'll be soaking and cranky when she wakes up, guaranteed. The whole Hope-day is weird considering she has slept through the night the last 3 nights. Babies. Can't live with 'em.... Pass the beernuts.

As for Emily, after meltdown after meltdown, she went to bed at 7:00. She'll definitely be up before 6:00 tomorrow. But for now, peace reigns. Just in time for me to sit back, close my eyes, and pretend I live somewhere else for a while.

1 comment:

little b said...

I'm becoming more and more convinced that one might be enough. I'm glad that this will be written down so I can look back if I ever think of having two.

Although, I should probably just concentrate on this first one for now.