Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Baching it

John's away this week doing research in Toronto as it is Reading Week, and whooda thunk it... the guy actually reads! During Reading Week! When I signed up for this I figured I'd get every Reading Week in a tropical location... or at least Montreal. Sigh. That's what you get for marrying a professor (no, he wasn't my professor!) who takes it all for serious like.

So, this all means that since Sunday night I've been solo around here. It's been a bit hairy at times - last night getting them into bed was not a pretty picture. I lost it at one point, got it back and finally had time to myself at quarter to 9:00. Just in time for 24. Naptime today was just as interesting. Since I can only stand hearing one kid wail at a time, Hope won and was removed from her crib.

My dad and his wife are coming tonight so that will, at the very least, give me some adult conversation and some welcome relief that I need during the day, which is the tough part right now.

Emily misses her daddy (who she seems to think is living at the airport) but is also enjoying having half of our bed when she gets up at 5:30 in the morning... she crawls in with me and goes back to sleep. Kind of nice for me... otherwise I would be making breakfast at 5:30.

Well, time to get cleaning.

1 comment:

Michelle | Bleeding Espresso said...

Facing food at 5:30 a.m. kinda makes me want to gag. Glad Miss Emily is kinder than that to you :)