Sunday, February 11, 2007

Oh, What a Night

I've never had one like that before. From about 11:00 on, Hope was awake every 10 or 15 minutes. At 12:30, I finally decided to take her to the main floor and try having her in her car seat. She slept in her car seat, with me on the couch, for 15 minutes. Then, we moved to the basement. I pulled out the pull-out couch and she slept on and off beside me all night essentially breastfeeding most of the time.

I took Jen's advice and doubled her up on Tempra and Motrin and that helped get her asleep initially. I'm very tired, needless to say. You just don't sleep soundly when a baby is attached to you all night long.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yup, that is essentially what we had to do too. After a few nights of constant wake-ups, the medication seemed to take effect. I hope that tonight is better, but best prepare for a repeat. Sorry it isn't great news.

Feel better and get lots of rest,
Jen

Shan said...

We've just suffered through an ear infection here as well. Here's to Hope (and you) getting some sleep soon.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like babies are almost as bad a pagers!!! But you don't get to hand it off to someone else after 36 hours! All the best... I hope she (and you) feel better soon
-Erika