Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Seems so much more do-able with an Omi

I was suspicious that the ear infection was what caused Hope to sleep through the night the three nights before her diagnosis. But, after night from hell on Saturday night, she slept through on Sunday and then again last night. Saturday may have been drug-induced, but last night was drug free, aside from the amoxicillin. Woot to Hope! What an amazing trooper.

Of course, naps are now down to about 45 minutes but I'm not going to worry about that since her nights are so good right now.

John's mom, Rose, is visiting us all week so I finally have a much needed break. Today I was able to take Emily to her preschool playgroup sans Hope who stayed at home with Omi. What a nice treat. I was able to fully concentrate on Emily and drink a coffee at the same time!

This afternoon, I pulled off a new bread recipe, a new batch of pastry and organized Emily's tea party for when she woke up. Rose did all the dishes I created and of course, was the key participant in the tea party itself.

Makes me really wish we lived closer to family for many selfish reasons.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I'm working on it, K! But by Saturday, I wonder if Mom will feel relieved that we are so far away?

Love You...even on February 14th and my loathing of all things Hallmark. What a poser I am.

--J

Karen said...

I love you too, J. You rock.