Thursday, November 08, 2007

The most important words in the world

Emily, typical 3-year-old, takes what Hope has a lot. Tonight Hope was in the bath tub long before Emily and was happily (no, joyously) playing with all the favourite toys with no competition. She was thrilled to be able to have the plastic man (Noah, actually) and plastic woman (Mrs. Noah) figurines to herself. Finally, Emily showed up and was perturbed to find that Hope had Mrs. Noah tight and secure in her chubby little fist. She ripped it out of Hope's grasp.

Me: Emily, give it back to her right now, please. (Emily gives it back.) Emily, what do you say to Hope?

Emily: Sorry you took my woman.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your kids (C: !!! So good for a laugh at the end of the day!
-Erika

Family Adventure said...

Too cute! 'You took my woman'. Definitely one to keep for posterity :)

Julie said...

OK, I just wikied Noah's wife. There doesn't seem to be much consensus. According to Jewish tradition it's Namaah, and in the book of Jubilees it's Emizara. Don't know which one I am going with. Namaah is definitely easier to say.

Anonymous said...

Such a heathen, I am. I was wracking my brain for which toy "Noah" might be. I mean, I'm familiar with Bratz, Barbie, Polly Pockets, Strawberry Shortcake....biblical tub toys hadn't crossed my mind, I must say.... :)

Jen

Karen said...

Yeah, I haven't encountered many biblical tub toys either. This set was given to me by a friend whose kids had outgrown them. It's Noah, the ark, a bunch of animals and then "the wife." The ark, unfortuantely, doesn't float so well. Odd, that.

Shan said...

Oh that is so funny.

We have the same issues here, but it's usually Maya taking from Abby. She's a nervy little thing.

Also the girls have a Noah and a Mrs. Noah for the tub and Papa and Grandma Linda's.