Tuesday, January 29, 2008

She's so precocious

Emily was a star tonight, pulling it all out to show me once again how totally unique and amazing and hilarious she is. If only my memory was good enough (it truly sucks lately) to remember the three things she said in the period of about 5 minutes that had me belly laughing.

"Okay, Hope. Here's the deal...."

"Daddy's gone to get the food. In the meantime, let's read a story."

The best one is currently lost in my grey matter somewhere.

Oh, and the reason that "Daddy's gone to get the food"? Because, it turns out, Edna Staebler wasn't much of a cook.

Honestly, I've tried several recipes out of Food that Really Schmecks and if they aren't a dessert or cookie recipe, they suck. Really suck. Chicken pot pie tonight? Sucked. It was soup with a biscuit crust. Oh, and the vegetables in said soup? Crunchy. Very crunchy.

No comments: