Thursday, February 14, 2008

The reason I love him should be self-explanatory

This is the Valentine's Day gift that I woke up to this morning from my wonderful, hysterically funny, gorgeous life partner:


And that is why we are perfect for each other.

There is a story behind this that is worth telling. It isn't why this is the most amazing gift ever. That should be evident. It's how John got it.

He wanted to get me one but they're only available from NBC and rather costly at that. So, he settled on something else but hadn't actually bought anything yet and then he saw the Dwight bauble-head in one of his grad student's offices. He admired it, said how much I would love one. Grad Student told John that NBC had mistakenly sent her 4 instead of 1 and did he want one. Hell, ya!

In John's words, karma was on his side that day. And so, I am now the proud and enviable owner of a fully ceramic (no plastic in sight!) Dwight bauble-head.

4 comments:

Julie said...

that is hystarical. marty will be very jealous.

little b said...

That might be the best valentine's gift ev-ah.

Shan said...

I'm jealous. What a great Valentine's gift!

H Munro said...

I am so jealous I have wanted one for more than a year, my hubby tried to get one for me last Christmas and they were sold out!
I will have to get a picture of ne with it sometime.