Sunday, June 15, 2008

The Cleanse: Day 2

Yesterday ended up going quite well. My second shake (I have to drink three per day) was much better than the first. I used frozen mango, frozen banana and fresh pineapple instead and added a lot of water to make it thinner. It made all the difference, which is good because did I mention I have to drink three of the things each day?

I'm really glad I had those few days of eating lower-carb, higher protein, as painful as they were. The result has been a pretty easy transition into this so far. I feel pretty good. So far I don't feel crappy at all although I was warned that I would feel pretty bad the first week as all the toxins started to leave my body. So far so good. Of course, it is only Day 2.

There are two things that I need to do better: (1) drink more water. I'm supposed to have 8 8oz glasses per day and I assume this is apart from the fruit and shakes I'm having; (2) I need to eat more veggies and less fruit. I'm supposed to have half the amount of fruit as veggies. But with all the fruit shakes, I've realized I have to have vegetables for breakfast if I'm going to be disciplined about that rule.

Anyone have any ideas on how to choke down asparagus first thing in the morning?

1 comment:

little b said...

What about adding carrot juice to your shake? I love carrot juice.

Salad for breakfast? With some sliced strawberries on it to make it more breakfast like?