Saturday, August 30, 2008

I'd like to forget about that too for a while

Today, after four days without naps, Emily was grumpy. Emily was grumpy like she has been.... the last four days.

This does not bode well for the next few weeks. She starts Junior Kindergarten next week. She's going in the afternoons. No more naps. More grumpiness.

Today after grumping her way through lunch, she decided she wanted to leave the table. John told her she could only be excused if she went straight up to her room (for a nap that never happened in the end). After some arguing and more complaining, she said:

"I'm going upstairs to my room and forgetting about myself!"

It shouldn't have been as funny as it was but it kept us laughing for a long time.

1 comment:

Shan said...

Oh that is so funny! I hope her adjustment to school is easy... for you both!