Thursday, February 19, 2009

Smashed stuff, Obama, and birthday cakes

Yesterday I went to upload all my photos from last week only to find that my card reader is a mangled remnant of what it used to be.  Asking around, Hope admitted that she did it but of course couldn't really expand on that.  I don't know what happened but it took a beating and I can no longer insert my memory card in it.  Ugh.  And I can't find my USB cable to hook up the camera so for now, I linger here with no posts about our week with Beth.  

So, we'll move on for now.

Emily is sick.  I'm sick.  John was sick.  Kate was sick.  I guess it was inevitable.  I had a date with a new friend today to go to the Science and Tech Museum but had to cancel.  I'll also have to cancel our chiro appointment which probably isn't a bad thing given that driving across Ottawa today will be a nightmare due to.... you-know-who.

Obama is the big news here today.  He lands around 10:30 and leaves around 6:30 I believe.  The time in between will be a complete frenzy in Ottawa of road closures and hoards of people trying to catch a glimpse of him.  

No, you can't.

We've been told that the best chance is to go to Parliament Hill where, if the mood strikes him, you might get a wave from a car but there is no plan for him to show his face.  Instead, people are just celebrating his arrival with concerts, marches over bridges and the like.  Which I think is very cool.  I'll be at home listening to the radio or watching the CBC when I get the chance.

I have a lot of posts swimming in my head that I need to get down.  I'm determined today to do some of that while my sicky languishes in front of Treehouse or lays in bed.  However, I have to also spend time working on a new baking order.  I've been contracted to do a birthday cake, something I swore I would never do.  Today I'm making cupcakes and doing a trial run on the cake.  I hope it turns out better than some of my other birthday cake attempts (Dora and the sushi cake excepted).

No comments: