Monday, March 30, 2009

Battlestar

SPOILER ALERT! (for anyone who hasn't seen the last episodes)

John and I watched the final episodes of Battlestar Gallactica this weekend. We heart BSG. Triple heart, in fact. We've watched from almost the beginning and every year eagerly anticipate the start of the new season. This summer we won't be anticipating any more BSG. This year marked the end of one of the best sci-fi t.v. series of all time.

Although my good friend Julie wasn't so keen, I loved the final episodes. I loved that they went after the bad crop of Cylons; I loved the major battle scene - it reminded me of the final Star Wars battle scene; I loved that they found a new Earth to live on (finally); I loved the final scenes between Admiral Odama and the President; I loved the goodbye between Lee, the Admiral and Starbuck; I loved how Starbuck disappeared; I loved that they took us forward 150,000 years to our present day and asked some tough questions although obvious. I pretty much loved it all. It was very BSG. Not everyone ended up where they wanted to be. They didn't draw everything to a conclusion. There are still questions. I loved that they stayed true to what the show has been.

And for fun, I've done the quiz that Julie did as well. Here is my result:


3 comments:

little b said...

We just started watching the series (yes, season 1) last night. I figured that so many people like it, it must be good.

Anonymous said...

Yikes, Karen -- better put a *spoiler* alert at the top of this message. I know that Pam's a nut for it, and hasn't seen the last episode (or much of the last season), darn peasant TV.

As for me, well, I'll stick to Mantracker.

j.

Julie said...

Tyrol, I can see that. Glad you liked the ending, it just didn't do it for me. Maybe I'm just bitter because it's ending and I don't want it to.