Let me give you a taste (a full review will come in a couple of days) from the back of the book (there are so many gems I want to share):
Would you like to see your children:
- taking greater initiative at home and at school?
- taking more responsibility for their actions?
- valuing togetherness as a family and wanting to spend more time with you?
- consistently treating peers, adults and themselves with respect?
- persisting through challenges and not giving up prematurely?
- being honest even when the truth is difficult to share?
- motivated to help with chores around the house?
- less influenced by negative peer pressure and more able to stand up for what they believe?
- Looking forward to a bright and successful future?
It is very inspiring and is reinvigorating me in regards to intentional parenting and character building. There is a lot her to chew on. I'll have more to report in a few days.
In the meantime, the publisher has graciously agreed to send one of you lovely people a copy of this book. So, all you need to do is make a comment here. Tell me what you do to parent intentionally or areas that you could work on. I'll leave this open for a week and then I'll randomly pull one of your names. Good luck!