Saturday, October 17, 2009

A visit to the pumpkin patch

On Thursday I accompanied my first class trip for Emily. Her class went to Herrle's Country Farm Market to learn a bit about farming, have a wagon ride, see the market, see the pumpkin patch and pick their own pumpkin. It was a lot of fun. The kids also got to go through the corn maze, jump from straw bales and bat balloons around inside a big inflatable pumpkin.

Given that Emily and I had such a good time, I decided that we should take Hope there today (and John). So we navigated the corn maze, chasing each other down; the kids jumped from the straw bales again and again and again; and the girls chose out two honkin' pumpkins. It was really fun and the cold sunny day made for some great pictures (great if I had a decent camera; since I have a particularly shitty camera, it made for some okay picture with great subjects).







No comments: