So, yes, I did say I would post through our 25 Days of Christmas and here we are on Day 2 already and I haven't posted about it. It seems I needed a day off after my successful NaBloPoMo participation.
So, Day 1 started off great until Emily read the card: put up the Christmas lights, and promptly burst into tears because "I'm too little to put up the lights!" But it all turned out fine and they were able to help me a bit and we ended Day 1 with a game of hide and seek in the yard.
I arranged a cop-out for myself today by putting "Aunt Beth and Kate arrive!" on the card, which also meant that Mummy spent the day cleaning but the girls didn't mind and had a great time playing together and then with their cousin, Kate.
So that's our 25 Days so far.
And now onto what's cooking.
I got this recipe just a few days ago after tasting it on the weekend. No snide remarks or turned up noses until you try it.... you'll love it too.
Gwen's Caramel Slices
1 cup salted butter
1 cup packed brown sugar
32 soda crackers (salted, saltines)
1 cup sliced almonds
chocolate chips/ white chocolate
1. Preheat oven to 350. Line a large baking sheet with foil.
2. Place butter nad sugar in a saucepan and cook, stirring until mixture is smooth. Boil for 2 minutes.
3. Arrange crackers on cookie sheet, overlapping them just a tiny bit.
4. Pour butter/sugar mixture over top as evenlly as possible.
5. Sprinkle with almonds. (optional)
6. Bake for 7 minutes minimum. Will look saucy but will harden as they cool.
7. Pour chocolate chips over to almost cover. Place back in oven for 1 minute to let chips melt and then spread. Top with almonds or white chocolate (melted)