So, I'm taking a slightly leisurely morning while my kids divine ways to commit siblingicide. I started off with replacing my broken mug with a couple of new beauties from my favourite Waterloo potter, Stephen Hawes.
Next I sat around reading the paper and thinking about how I should be packing for our week away. We're spending the week in Niagara (mainly Ridgeville/Fonthill and St. Catharines for you who know Niagara) and next weekend in Gravenhurst. Our itinerary is such:
- Monday: drive to Niagara; drop John off at his mom's house (his mom is in Ottawa this week); me and the girls go to my Aunt's house in Ridgeville for the night
- Tuesday: playdate with Julie (best friend from high school) and her kids on the farm - word has it there are new bunnies, kittens and puppies at the farm... a little girl's mecca! Tuesday afternoon - taking the kids on a tour of my hometown, Fonthill, to see the sights. Should take about 10 minutes and then a haircut at my Aunt's hair salon.
- Wednesday - visit to a local sugar bush and maybe Niagara Falls
- Thursday - playdate with friends in Niagara-on-the-Lake
- Friday - drive to Toronto - go up CN Tower; maybe go to Science Centre; continue to Gravenhurst to spend weekend at my dad's (he won't be there - he's in Florida - but we get to use the house and hot tub while he's away)
It's time to make a list.