Thursday, June 03, 2010

The wheels of government have gone turbo

Ready to have your mind COMPLETELY BLOWN? Okay, here goes....

I applied for Henry's birth certificate online (new to me... with the other two kids that option wasn't available... it was all snail mail) on May 27. His birth certificate was ISSUED on May 28 and ARRIVED in Waterloo for me to pick up on June 1.

Stop the presses, people. Armageddon has arrived.

To put it in perspective for you non-Ontarians... with the old system, it took a full two months to ever see a birth certificate.... IF YOU WERE LUCKY. (And then you had to get a passport after that if you wanted to cross the border making shopping at Target more than a little inconvenient. Ahem.)

To say that I'm a fan, is an understatement. To say that the government has surprised me, also an understatement. To say this will make me vote Liberal, yeah, UNLIKELY but still.... making me happy.

2 comments:

Pam said...

Holy crap! The provincial government is becoming efficient! My jaw is on the floor.

little b said...

This reminds me that I need to order a copy of my long form birth certificate. I'll do the online thing too. Very nice that I don't have to mail in some form.