Saturday, May 13, 2006

A great birthday

Wednesday was my 34th birthday. I was at work of course, which I didn't enjoy (I don't enjoy it much these days). However, John and Emily took me out for a birthday breakfast. My wonderful boss took me out for a birthday lunch, and then at the end of the day John gave me the best birthday present: a gift certificate to Nordik Scandinavian Spa! He bought me a day in the pools, a massage and a wine and cheese platter to go with it. I can use it anytime before May 2007. I'm so excited! To top the day off our friends, Meredith and Ron, brought over an ice cream cake.

My dad and his wife, Donna, arrived on Wednesday night and Donna has been working non-stop on our house since she got here. She recaulked our downstairs shower, fixed the rocky toilet, finished painting my kitchen, painted the closet doors in the front hallway, expanded the front garden, pulled all the dandelions from the front lawn, started repairing our front steps.... Wow. Unbelievable.

My dad sat in a chair. Okay, he put up a smoke alarm and helped with the bricks on the stairs.

Then he sat on a chair.

Tonight we're heading to The Works for dinner. We're treating Dad and Donna. Small price for all the work she has done. Wow.

No comments: