Monday, May 15, 2006

Walk to D'Feet ALS in Ottawa

My mum died of ALS in January 2005. I can't believe it has been over a year. Every year since she was diagnosed (in January 2003), I've participated in the Walk to D'Feet ALS. The walk is normally in September but they've now switched it to June. The last walk (September 2005) was the first one since my mum died and through my fundraising Web site our team, friends and family raised over $2600. Being that the current walk is only eight months later I don't expect to raise that much however I hope to raise $1000. The money goes straight to families dealing with the disease. It is used to provide equipment to these families/persons free of charge and they can use it until their death. It is an amazing thing since ALS requires a lot of medical equipment and could easily bankrupt people.

Anyway, here is my site: http://www.als.ca/events/mysite.aspx?fid=509

If you can donate, that's great. If you can join us for the walk, that's also great - just register through my site (donations can be done there too).

No comments: